22 Kasım 2013 Cuma

DOCTOR FAUSTUS

This week, our topic was Doctor Faustus and Christopher Marlowe. First of all, I want to talk about the play of Doctor Faustus. Doctor Faustus is main character of Christopher Marlowe’s Doctor Faustus Play. He is a doctor who completed his doctorate. But, he wants to be advance on his work like every person. On the one hand he wants to make a deal with devil; on the other hand he doesn’t want to be disobedient against God. So, he makes a deal with Lucifer that is the leader of hell and devils. He sells his soul to Lucifer and he wants to have more knowledge, ability and power from Lucifer. The devil makes his wanting and the doctor will give his soul after 25 years. These years pass quickly. The doctor who was very happy when he had power and knowledge starts to repent because he sold his soul, but he doesn’t do anything against Lucifer. His last day on the world comes. He is quite regretful because he behaved disobediently to God. He begs to God to be forgiven but it is quite late for everything. Lucifer comes and he takes Faustus’s soul.

As for my opinions about this play, if I was Doctor Faustus, I could want to understand people’s thoughts. Understanding people’s thoughts is very interesting and amazing for me. It could create problems but I could sell my soul this ability.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder